2013 Polaris Industries 800 Switchback® Pro-R ES
Randy's Tire & Sport
800 Switchback® Pro-R ES
Trails, woods, hardpack, loose snow -- I dominate them all.
Most capable. Most comfortable. Most versatile.
What's New for 2013
- Pro-Steer Ski
- Pro-Ride Adventure Seat
- One-Piece Handlebar
- Right Hand Controls
- 136" Pro-Ride Rear Suspension: Eliminate “spine tinglers” with the industry’s only uncoupled, progressive-rate suspension. This Polaris-exclusive design provides a bottomless ride with incredible weight transfer and unmatched fun factor. The 136" rail provides superior off-trail capability compared to competitive crossovers and bridges the bumps for a more comfortable ride.
- PRO-RIDE™ Chassis: World’s most advanced snowmobile chassis - light, rigid and perfectly balanced for precise handling even in the nastiest terrain. The progressive-rate suspension provides a bottomless ride that allows us to run an uncoupled rail with great weight transfer for a more comfortable and fun ride. The Cobra track allows for unprecedented flotation and traction.
- Pro-Steer Ski: The new Pro-Steer™ Ski features a reshaped keel and shortened skag for reduced steering effort. Redesigned ribs atop the ski increase torsional stiffness for more precise steering, and bosses added atop the ribs provide traction to prevent slipping when a rider steps on the ski in deep snow.
- One-Piece Handlebar: The new one-piece handlebar features clean, durable construction. It enhances ergonomics with full-length grips that improve comfort and control, and the heater elements extend to the ends of the bar for greater hand comfort.
- Right Hand Controls: A new, redesigned throttle block and a separate kill switch perch that can be positioned independently for improved ergos and ability to tailor your controls.
- 800 Cleanfire® Engine: This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) delivers outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines produce the impressive power-to-weight ratios that performance riders demand. Cleanfire engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions.
- Switchback Comfort Seat: Take the best seat in the house. A wider more comfortable seat that provides an ideal blend of cushion and support. The Switchback seat height also allows the rider to easily transition from seated to standing as the conditions dictate.
- Optional Security System: Prevents unauthorized driveaway of idling sled, and can be installed by dealer on sleds with Pro-Ride Gauge.
- Race-Proven Independent Front Suspension: Unbeatable combination of PRO-RIDE steering and patented variable caster design eliminates bump steer. Lighter steering, sharper cornering. Developed in conjunction with the Polaris Racing program. Its performance and durability were proven in extensive on- and off-track testing, and the new IFS delivers significantly enhanced handling with flatter, more precise cornering and 20% reduced steering effort.
- WALKER EVANS® Needle Shocks: Premium shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offer the best in tunability and fade-proof performance. Unique needle design uses hydraulic force at the end of the stroke to eliminate harsh bottoming.
- Lightweight Silencer: The silencer has been designed to keep noise levels and overall weight in check.
- Lightweight Rotor & Jackshaft: Reducing rotating mass allows for a sled with quicker response. These parts combine to offer a 2.5 lb. reduction of rotating mass. New lightweight, purpose-built RMK brake system. Featuring the proven Cyclone master cylinder mated to a lightweight, single-piston caliper.
- Cobra 1.352” Track: Designed for aggressive trail traction and control. Integrated tunnel protection allows you to stud up to a 1.75" track.
- Integrated Tunnel Protection: Integrated stud protection for up to 1.75” lug plus 3/8” stud.
- Estimated Dry Weight (lbs./kg.): 484 / 220
- Overall Length (in./cm.): 115 / 292
- Overall Width (in./cm.): 48 / 122
- Overall Height (in./cm.): 46 / 117
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters): 11 / 41.6
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liberty / Liquid
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 795
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 85 x 70
- Ignition: Digital CDI w/TPS, WTS, DET
- Exhaust: SC VES, Single
- Fuel System: Cleanfire Injection
- Disc Brake Type: Phantom, Hydraulic w/ LWT Disc
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85 / TEAM® LWT
- Front Suspension: PRO-RIDE
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 9 / 22.9
- Front Shocks: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Ski Type: Pro Steer
- Rear Suspension: PRO-RIDE
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 14 / 35
- Front Track Shock: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans® Comp. Adj.
- Track (W x L x H in.): 15 x 136 x 1.35 Cobra
- Steering: Fixed - 4.5" (115mm) Riser
- Electric Start: Option / Accessory
- Reverse: PERC
- Speedometer: Digital MFD
- Tachometer: Digital MFD
- Security System: Option / Accessory
- Fuel Gauge Type: Digital MFD
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Digital MFD
- 12v Outlet: Accessory
- Handlebar Hooks: Standard Integrated Hooks
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Std. Adjustable
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Seat Type: PRO-RIDE Adventure
- Rear Rack / Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Windshield: Low, Mid or Tall
- Color / Graphics: Black / Pro-R
- Engine Type
- 795 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 85 x 70 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire Injection
- Digital CDI w/TPS, WTS, DET
- SC VES, Single
- Brake Type
- Phantom, Hydraulic w/ LWT Disc
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM® LWT
- Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Travel
- 14 in. (35 cm)
- Ski Type
- Pro Steer
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 136 x 1.35 in.
- Standard: Digital MFD
- Standard: Digital MFD
- Fuel Capacity
- 11 gal. (41.6 L)
- Dry Weight
- 484 lb. (220 kg)
- Low, Mid or Tall
- Black / Pro-R
- Electric Start
- Option / Accessory
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable